Your Child's Therapy Team is about ensuring a comprehensive approach to your child's development.
We recognise that each child and family is unique. Some children may need support in a range of developmental areas. With Child and Youth Services your child has access to a transdisciplinary team of therapists through our comprehensive Early Intervention Service, including:
- Speech pathologists
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers
- Developmental educators
Transdisciplinary intervention is a best-practice and evidence-based way of providing services to young children with:
- Developmental delays
- Intellectual disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorders
A lead therapist will work with you to:
- Identify goals based on your child's development and your family's priorities
- Work in partnership with you to achieve the goals you set for your child
- Support all therapists and services to work in a coordinated way
- monitor and review your child's progress and respond to their changing needs
This approach is increasingly recognised as best practice to support children and young people with developmental delays and their families. Click herefor more information.
Child and Youth Services also offer specialised support around sleep and mealtime management. Click on the links below to find out more!