Child and Youth Services provides early intervention therapy for children with developmental delays from birth to eight years and aims to:
- Support children to realise their developmental potential, maximise their independence and inclusion in their communities
- Support families in their caring roles.
When we deliver our early intervention service, we work closely with you. We value your knowledge and understanding of your child.
We recognise the crucial part that families play in supporting their child's development and adopt a family-centred practice approach to all services we provide by:
- Providing flexible and customised services that meet the unique needs of your child and family
- Identifying and building on the strengths and interests of your child and family
- Including you and listening to your views while providing services
- Supporting you to identify goals for your child and family
- Facilitating your child's development by providing services around your family's routines in your home, at your child's child care centre, kindy or other locations.
We have experienced, child development specialists who can tailor a service specifically for your child and family. Our early intervention services are provided by:
- Speech pathologists
- Occupational therapists
- Social workers
- Developmental educators
- Service coordinators