Child and Youth Services social workers are committed to improving the quality of life and well-being of children and young people with disabilities and their families.
Social workers within Child and Youth Services work as part of a transdisciplinary team to provide family based assessments and plans to meet the diverse needs of children and young people with disabilities and their families. They provide a therapeutic casework service that aims to:
- Provide assistance for your family to adapt as a unit to meet the needs of your child with developmental delay or disability.
- Support siblings.
- Help solve problems as they arise.
- Support you and your family to work through complex issues or everyday difficulties and find solutions that work.
- Support you and your family during times of crisis.
- Provide assistance to liaise and negotiate with the critical services your child requires.
- Support you and your family during times of change in your child's life such as starting school.
Child and Youth Services social workers work closely with your child's other therapists and support services to provide a coordinated and comprehensive service.