Child and Youth Services occupational therapists provide a range of services tailored to meet the individual needs of your child and your family. We will work closely with you to ensure our therapy programs and interventions are incorporated into your everyday activities. We provide personalised assessment, therapy, expert advice and programs to address the following:
- Development of positive routines and independence in self care such as toileting, bathing, dressing, sleeping and mealtimes.
- Development of children's fine motor, play and social skills in preparation for kindy, school and independent living.
- Assessment and therapy to support children's emotional regulation, attention, concentration and sensory processing.
- Assessment and prescription of equipment and small aids to assist with activities of daily living.
- Assessment of physical home environment and prescription of home modifications to support access and increase safety.
Child and Youth Services occupational therapists work closely with your child's other therapists and support services to provide a coordinated and comprehensive service.